Office Assistant - Secondary
Job | Posted 24 days ago
Office Assistant/aide - Secondary
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 5.5
Hourly rate: $13.80
- Name: Ingrid Andromidas
- Phone: 801-610-8160
- Email: email@example.com
The job of Office Assistant is done for the purpose/s of providing clerical and administrative support to assigned school site personnel; performing functionality specific to site administrator assignment (i.e. career/college specialty);communicating information to staff and the public; providing necessary implementation of functions; keeping complete and accurate records; and providing information and direction as may be requested.
- Answers telephone calls (e.g. many District operational inquiries, etc.) for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
- Assists with processing of documents, forms, mailings and materials (e.g. attendance, enrollments, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Attends department and/or in-service meetings for the purpose of gathering information required to perform functions.
- Collects payments for a variety of events (e.g. fines, fees, fund raisers, etc.) for the purpose of completing transactions and/or securing funds.
- Distributes materials (e.g. mail, checks, supplies, messages, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring delivery to addressee.
- Implements processes and projects (e.g. college and career procedures; site projects, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the implementation of of site activities and processes.
- Implements site processes (e.g. discipline issues; subject area assignments;safe space for student; bus coordination; substitute teachers, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials (e.g. forms, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring items' availability.
- Monitors students referred for illness or disciplinary action (e.g. observing student behavior; collaborating with counselor, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring student welfare and maintaining a secure office environment. Working with specific student groups to provide assistant/support.
- Prepares standardized documents (e.g. form letters and memos, calendars, bulletins, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to other parties. Supporting grading in Spanish
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is desired.
- Spanish preferred: fluent in speaking, reading and writing