Special Education Behavior Assistant - Full-Time - Interim
SPECIAL EDUCATION BEHAVIOR ASSISTANT - FULL-TIME - INTERIM
Provide support and paraprofessional work assisting classroom teachers or other professionals to achieve instructional objectives; assist students with disabilities in achieving established goals and with personal care and mobility, as needed.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. Other duties as assigned by the building principal or special education supervisor.)
- Assist classroom teacher in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialized tasks to achieve and enhance instructional and behavioral objectives.
- Work with individuals, small groups, or large groups as assigned teacher.
- Assist with behavior modification as assigned by leader.
- Lift, move, and operate adaptive equipment.
- Assist students with personal care tasks, including but not limited to, lavatory, clothing, hygiene, diapering, toileting, and wash-up routines, as needed.
- Escort students as assigned by teacher or administrator.
- Assist students with mobility needs such as, lifting and positioning students, lifting in and out of wheelchairs; loading and unloading on the bus; transporting students in and around the school and on field trips.
- Monitor students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Provide programmed practice activities and repetitions as developed by teacher, therapist or pathologist.
- Report student concerns directly and expeditiously to teacher and assist with student resolution.
- Assist with breakfast, lunch, snack, including clean-up, as needed.
- Maintain various records and files.
- Perform related work as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree or passing score on Para Professional Praxis.
- Some experience working with students with disabilities, preferred.
Significant standing; some walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling. Must have the ability to lift 50+ lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt