School Psychologist (full-time / part-time)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
|Supervisor:||Mr. Jeffrey Hart, Coordinator of Psychological Services|
|Employment Period:||11 months|
|Employment Status:||Full-time or Part-time|
|Start Date:||October 2023|
|Salary:||Commensurate with experience|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct psycho-educational assessments, complete reports, and present findings and recommendations to school-based teams.
- Attend Child Find and Eligibility Meetings as required.
- Attend student intervention team, 504, and IEP meetings, as available.
- Participate on threat/risk assessment teams, as well as crisis response teams, as required.
- Provide educational consultation services to parents, staff, and students, as available.
- Deliver small group/short-term counseling services, as available.
- Provide professional development and Tier I support to schools and staff, as available.
- Opportunity to provide supervision to practicum and intern students, as available.
- Applicant must hold or be eligible for a Virginia Pupil Personnel License with a School Psychologist endorsement; or completion of an approved program in School Psychology with sixty graduate hours that culminate in at least a Master's Degree, and completion of an internship documented by the degree granting institution.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of child/adolescent development, assessment, and counseling theory.
- Ability to develop cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and instructional staff.
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly within an independent department.
- Must provide own transportation to travel between schools as required (mileage reimbursement applies).
- Please refer to the "Benefits" tab on the Human Resources website for a list of benefits offered to HCS employees.
- Additional benefits for school psychologists:
- Membership to VASP (Virginia Academy of School Psychologists)
- Professional conference each year
You may apply anytime before midnight on the closing date. The following information is required to be considered for the position:
- Copy of license (transcripts if license has not been received)
- Most recent performance evaluation (internship evaluation if new to the profession)
- Feedback from reference forms (minimum of 2)
Hampton City Schools does not discriminate in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability or other protected class. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of Human Resources, One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669; (757) 727-2300
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.