Job | Posted 7 days ago
DEFINITION: Coordinate, plan and facilitate the maintenance and accessibility of all district web properties in order to provide stakeholders with information as it relates to the district while preserving the integrity of the district brand. Design and implement new features and functionality, establishing and guiding the website’s architecture, ensuring high-performance, and managing all technical aspects of the server stack. Implement and design cloud security with best practices in mind.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class).
- Responsible for design, development, implementation, and support of custom WordPress plugins and themes.
- Responsible for maintaining web servers (WHM/cPanel, Red Hat Linux).
- Create, manage and update responsive web pages for the district website.
- Create/maintain functional, user-friendly, attractive page templates.
- Familiarity with best development practices to ensure site speed and fast page delivery.
- Liaise with the IT Department to ensure inter-departmental cooperation.
- Participate in the implementation of multimedia components in the website, including audio,video, and graphics.
- Manage and administer website permissions for end users of the district’s web services and applications.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Tag manager implementation to track traffic to the website.
- Implement Responsive Web Design principles to ensure website function, accessibility and compatibility across devices, browsers, and operating systems (i.e., desktop, mobile, tablet,Chrome,Firefox, Safari, iOS, Android).
- Audit website to ensure the district follows best practices and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG).
- Implement Gravity Forms as needed to collect relevant information for projects and departments.
- Provide the tools and training necessary for schools and departments to self-manage and maintain content on their WordPress Multisite Blog.
- Conducts training, one-on-one and group, on web design management and content publishing with school and department administrators.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Proven experience as a WordPress Developer.
- Maintain website security and compliance.
- Ability to migrate content to WordPress.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Knowledge of mobile first web design and Responsive Web Development Practices.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate with and teach non-technical users.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Strong understanding of communications, marketing and customer service principles.
- Proficient in either Mac or PC platform. You will be provided your preference.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is performed in an indoor environment. Work requires frequent sitting, repetitive motion, vision to monitor and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Three to five (3-5) years experience building/creating WordPress websites.
- Experience managing and administering a WordPress Multisite Network.
- Experience with User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) in a responsive web design environment.
- Experience developing and integrating with Application Protocol Interfaces (API).
- Experience with the following:
- WordPress Plugins
- Gravity Forms
- Softwares & Tools:
- PHP Composer
- Gulp, Grunt, Babel
- WordPress Multisite
- EasyApache 4
- Browser Inspector
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console
- Server Administration
- Red Hat Linux
- DNS Administration (External)
- Object Oriented Programming Principles
- Apache 2.4
- PHP 7.4, 8.0, 8.1
- MySQL, MSSQL, MariaDB
- Markup Languages
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) / SCSS (Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets)
- WordPress Plugins
- Relevant areas of experience in Web Design, Information Technology, Science or Computer Science.
- Familiarity with Drupal in the context of migrating content out.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information: Sciences, Technology, and Arts (ISTA), or other technical field.
- Experience managing Drupal Website, CTools, Views, and Panels. (Bonus, but not required)
- SQL proficiency in administration, development, end-user support.
- Database design with knowledge and ability to integrate multiple databases.
- 1+ years Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) implementation experience (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English.
- Depending on the needs of the District, some incumbents in this class must be able to demonstrate fluency in both Spanish and English as a condition of employment.
- Ability to integrate data into Google Docs
- The following certifications or similar:
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Amazon Web Services: AWS Certified Developer Associate/Professional
- Amazon Web Services: AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate/Professional
- Amazon Web Services: AWS Cloud Practitioner Foundational
- Google Associate Cloud Engineer
- Google Associate Cloud Architect
- Google Professional Cloud Developer
- Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer
Additional certifications may also be required as specified by the District.
Depending on the needs of the District, some incumbents in this class must be able to demonstrate fluency in both Spanish and English as a condition of employment.
Starting Salary: $67,963 (PNT/Grade H) FTE: 1.0 Days: 260 Start Date: 2023/2024 School Year