Nurse - Clewiston Side
HENDRY COUNTY SCHOOLS
1. Valid state license to practice as alicensed practical nurse.
2. Two years of experience in practical nursing.
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL:To assist school staff in providing the fullest possible educational opportunity for each district by minimizing absence due to illness and creating a climate of health and well-being in the district schools.
1. Conducts school programs such as immunization, physical examinations and sight and hearing tests.
2. Observes students on a regular basis to detect health needs.
3. Instructs teachers on screening students for health defects.
4. Reports to parents, school personnel, physicians, clinics and other agencies on student health matters.
5. Administers first aid in accordance with established first aid procedures.
6. Makes recommendations to principal on health needs of individual students.
7. Assists school personnel in maintaining sanitary standards in school.
8. Performs, from time to time, such tasks as required by the school principal.
9. All other such job related duties as shall be assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: MEDIUM WORK: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force as needed to move objects. In an emergency worker may be required to restrain a physically active individual as a temporary safety precaution.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:Ten, eleven, or twelve month year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION:Performance of this job will be evaluated by immediate supervisor.