School Technology Support (STS)
Job Title: School Technology Support Personnel (STS) (FLSA: Non- Exempt)
Salary Considerations: $61,322
Job Objectives: Germantown Municipal School District’s School Technology Support Personnel (STS) is a position that provides employee and student support as they use technology. The primary purpose is to provide hardware, software, and network support in all GMSD schools and the District Office as GMSD makes gains in becoming a 21st Century School District.
• Bachelor's Degree, Associates Degree or comparable relevant experience • A minimum of three (3) years of successful experience supporting technology users
• Experience using and supporting productivity applications and instructional software
• Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced environment • Experience working with dual platforms
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work at all levels • Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule outside normal business hours • Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
Preferred Qualifications and Training:
• Industry certifications including, but limited to the following:
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
Apple Certified Support Professional
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• To install, maintain, and support technology initiatives at the district office level
• Provides hardware, software and network support for students, staff and administrators in multiple locations, buildings, classrooms and offices
• Installs and maintains computer images, operating systems, instructional software and administrative applications
• Maintains accurate, up-to-date IP and equipment inventories for assigned locations
• Works with users in a fast-paced environment to quickly diagnose and resolve technical issues
• Maintains accurate, up-to-date account of daily job responsibilities and
• Works with school staff and the Instructional Technology staff to promote the effective use of technology
• Participates in professional development and training opportunities in order to remain current and improve job knowledge and skills
• Understands and follows all safety rules and proper procedures associated with the responsibilities of the job
• Performs other duties as deemed necessary by the Technology Department
The Technology School Support Personnel maintains a forty-hour (40) workweek and works approved additional hours as required to carry out all of the duties and responsibilities of the position. This is a twelve (12) month position.
Reports to: GMSD Technology Supervisor and Building Level Principal
• Significant standing; some walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling.
• Must have the ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Working Conditions: Exposure to the following situations may range from remote to frequent based on circumstances and factors that may not be predictable:
• Standard office and/or public school setting environment