Success 101 (licensed candidates only)
Job | Posted a month ago
Generic Support Staff & Services
|Location:||Kecoughtan High School|
|Employment Period:||10 Months|
|Salary:||Teacher scale -- commensurate with experience|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate the Career Choices Curriculum and the online 10-year plan, which is an interdisciplinary curriculum that engages students in an interactive learning process, helping students develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to successfully:
- examine their own lives
- explore and evaluate a wide range of education and career options, and
- make reasoned and researched goals for their future.
- Forge relationships and connections with students, staff, parents, and community.
- Participate as an active member of a highly functional Freshman Academy team that regularly uses course performance, attendance, and other data to create, implement, monitor, and evaluate interventions through Hampton’s tiered intervention model.
- Collaborate with students to create meaningful 10-year career and life plans utilizing technology and goal planning strategies.
- Utilize resources that support student success in school and the community.
- Reflect on one’s own philosophies and practices in an effort to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Demonstrate transparency with students and parents on how to achieve success in the course and in high school.
- Encourage freshman to participate in clubs, organization, sports, and community service activities.
- Provide challenging curriculum with a Project-based Learning (PBL) approach that integrates academic content and skills to address real world projects and problems.
- Utilize a system of student incentives and recognition awards to improve student attendance, academic achievement, character and leadership.
- Facilitate student production of digital and paper career resource portfolios.
- Collaborate with regional business partners to assist in providing career exploration, speaking presentations, and field trips to explain the different career pathways.
- Must possess a Collegiate Professional, Postgraduate Professional, or Provisional license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia. Must be an endorsement at the high school level.
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills.
- Strong service and support orientation.
- Ability to bring projects to closure with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to extend work beyond traditional classroom hours.
- Maintain a high level of personal responsibility in one’s work.
- Passionate; flexible; creative; empathic; self-reflective.
You may apply anytime before midnight on the closing date. Please upload the following documents:
- Teaching License.
- Most recent performance evaluation.
Hampton City Schools does not discriminate in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability or other protected class. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of Human Resources, One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669; (757) 727-2300Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.