BUS AIDE (CC: 4875) (FTE 0.75)
Isaac School District
TITLE: Bus Aide
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To assist the bus driver in maintaining a
safe environment and orderly conduct on the bus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Assists special education students with safety belts, or those in wheelchairs to get on and off the bus.
- Assists in maintaining good student conduct on the bus.
- Records violations of the student code and submit to school office.Assist the driver with inspecting and securing seat belts and other safety equipment, putting up the windows, light cleaning, etc., while on duty.
- Ability to work a split shift/flexible hours.
- Ability to work in extreme desert temperatures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledge of general safety rules and techniques.
Knowledge of First Aid and CPR.
Knowledge of district rules of conduct.
Knowledge of local, state, and federal policies and laws relative to pupil transportation.
Knowledge of the principles of transportation of special needs students.
Skill in performing First Aid and CPR.
Skill in assisting students in wheelchairs or with other physical limitations.
Skill in monitoring and correcting student behavior.
Skill in communicating orally and in writing.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 125 lbs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Experience working with disabled children preferred. Bilingual preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: C.P.R. and First Aid.