Adult Cleaner - Part Time
Maintains an attractive, sanitary and safe facility for students, staff and public and ensures that assigned tasks are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner.
- Cleans assigned facilities and grounds (e.g. classrooms, offices, gym, restrooms, multipurpose rooms, pools, grounds, cafeteria, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper functioning and usability of items.
- Performs minor, job related, maintenance on custodial equipment, classroom furniture and fixtures (e.g. change vacuum cleaner belts, bags, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper functioning and usability of items.
- Replenishes classroom and rest room supplies (e.g. paper towels, soap, etc) for the purpose of ensuring adequate quantities for daily use.
- Responds to immediate safety and /or operational concerns (e.g. blood born pathogen hazards, facility damage, vandalism, alarms, etc) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Responds to inquiries from staff, students, parents and/or visitors for the purpose of providing information or taking appropriate actions.
- Supports other site maintenance staff for the purpose of completing site custodial activities.
- Attends unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information and skills required to perform job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be 21 years or older to apply.
- Job related experience is desired.
- Specific skill-based competencies include: operating equipment used in industrial maintenance including electrical cleaning equipment, common tools, etc, adhering to safety practices; handling hazardous materials, and problem solving.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies include: methods of industrial cleaning, safety practices and procedures; codes/laws/rules/regulations/policies/ and material handling techniques
- Specific ability-based competencies include: adapting to changing work priorities; meeting deadlines and schedules, working as part of a team; working with constant interruptions, decision making; mechanical aptitude,; reliability; and working flexible hours. Ability to problem solve, work with a diversity of individuals, schedule activities, and use job-related equipment.
- Will work under the direct supervision of the Head Custodian using standardized procedures.
- Physical demands include: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and fine finger dexterity.
20 hours per week, time card position
Salary Schedule Level E1 - 15.85 (additional levels given for experience and higher education degree)
Not Benefit Eligible