Maintenance Assistant 1 (FTE 1.0) (CC:1022)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Isaac School District
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To create a clean and secure environment within the school.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Cleans and vacuums classrooms, restrooms, hallways, offices, storage areas and lounges.
- Sweeps and mops floors, collects and disposes of trash, cleans furniture and fixtures; and replaces supplies.
- Assists in the cafeteria and/or in opening up the building, disarming alarms, and setting up traffic control signs.
- May perform minor maintenance and repair on buildings, fixtures, grounds and equipment.
- Transports equipment and assists in setting up rooms for meetings and events.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledge of cleaning and housekeeping principles and practices.
Knowledge of cleaning supplies and equipment.
Knowledge of basic repair and maintenance techniques.
Knowledge of safe work practices.
Skill in performing cleaning activities.
Skill in operating vacuums, floor buffers and other cleaning machinery.
Skill in following written or verbal work orders.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Six (6) months cleaning or minor maintenance work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skill. Bilingual preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: None