SPED Para II Lifeskills - Elementary
Job | Posted a month ago
Special Education Para-Educator II
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours per day: 5.8
Hourly rate: $16.57
- Name:Shawn Brooks
- Email: email@example.com
The job of SpEd Para II is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program under the direction of an assigned clasroom teacher with specific responsibility for assisting in the supervision, care and instruction of special needs students in the regular classroom or in a self-contained classroom; assisting in implementing plans for instruction; monitoring student behavior during instructional and non-instructional time; and providing information to appropriate school personnel.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher (e.g. listening to students read, assisting with art projects, cooking, physical education, etc.) for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives and IEP goals.
- Administers immediate first aid and medical assistance as instructed by a health care professional (e.g. medication, etc.) for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs.
- Assists students with self-care activities (e.g. toileting, washing, changing diapers, eating, dressing, grooming, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining students' personal hygiene.
- Attends job specific trainings (e.g. first aid, behavior management, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Collects data for the purpose of supporting teachers in the classroom and preparing reports and/or processing forms.
- Communicates with supervising instructional staff, professional support personnel for the for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing IEP objectives.
- Implements under the supervision of assigned teacher, behavioral plans designed by IEP team for students with behavior disorders or other special conditions for the purpose of presenting and/or
- reinforcing learning concepts and acquiring appropriate social and school skills.
- Maintains instructional materials and/or manual and electronic files/records (e.g. decorating bulletin boards, making art projects, correcting papers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, parking lots, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Provides under the supervision of assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. academic subjects, social skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives; implementing IEP plans; and ensuring students success in school.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations (e.g. first aid, CPR, emergency procedures, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Job related experience is desired.