Teaching Assistant - K-4
Primary responsibility is to provide assistance to students. As directed by the principal and classroom teacher, the teaching assistant will also: work with individual or small groups of students in an instructional capacity, supervise students during other activities such as lunch, and assist in completing necessary paperwork.
Applicants must meet the requirements for a Title I paraprofessional, including:
- Must have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
- Must have met one of the following options:
- Completed two years of study at an institution of higher education; or
- Obtained an associate's (or higher) degree; or
- Met a rigorous standard of quality and be able to demonstrate, through a formal state or local academic assessment, knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics (or, as appropriate, reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness). Winchester Public Schools requires the state assessment to meet this requirement if one of the first two options cannot be documented
Range for 2014-2015 is $11.70 to $19.72 per hour plus benefit package
Full time/10 month (183 days) position, 6.5 hours per day, Monday through Friday