Food Service Clerk (1.0 FTE) (CC# 6359)
TITLE: Food Service Clerk
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform clerical and administrative tasks in support of the Food Service department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Coordinates the hiring process of cafeteria substitutes. Assigns substitutes to schools.
- Prepares daily cash count report. Reconciles cash and checks; receives and records Child Nutrition Fund. Follows up on check processing problems and NSF checks.
- Files invoices, stamps, enters and files adult/child food program.
- Prepares daily meal and snack report. Calculates enrollment percentages based on eligibility. Conducts edit checks.
- Performs general office procedures such as preparing mail for pickup and distribution; data entry, typing, filing, answering the telephone, creating forms and memos and ordering supplies.
- Coordinates workshops for managers and food service workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledge of principles and practices of basic accounting and purchasing.
Knowledge of hiring procedures and work assignment techniques.
Knowledge of record management principles.
Knowledge of inventory control procedures.
Knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
Skill in operating a computer for routine data entry operations.
Skill in making mathematical calculations and preparing reports.
Skill in maintaining records and files.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma and two (2) years office of food service experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that provide the knowledge and skills required.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Maricopa County Food Handling Certificate preferred