DEFINITION: We are looking for a committed individual who, under the direction of the vocal music teacher, will accompany school choirs during rehearsals and concerts, assist the director in the leading of section rehearsals and concerts, and the coaching of individuals and small ensembles, and to do other related work as required.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class).
- Assist the choir director as needed in daily choir classes
- Maintain positive relations with students and their parents (as applicable)
- Provide individualized or small group coaching to students when necessary
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrative staff
- In conjunction with administrative staff, Plan, Organize, and Carry Out recitals and other performances for your students, (other recitals as applicable or desired)
Work is performed in an indoor environment. Work requires frequent sitting, repetitive motion, vision to monitor, and may require some lifting.
- Experience in accompanying choirs on piano
- Experience with a variety of teaching environments.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- Fingerprint clearance is required
Part Time: approximately 12 hours per week; additional time for concert and rehearsals
Hourly Pay: $25.00