TITLE: Bus Monitor
CLASSIFICATION: 10 Month Position, 40/hour work week, Non-Exempt
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To monitor students on school transit bus, provide assistance as needed, and promote safety and good conduct.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Assists students to safely board and disembark the vehicle; exits the bus and assists riders with special needs as required; stows and secures all mobility aids and personal gear in accordance with District standards.
- Verifies that each student is transported to the right locations.
- Monitors students and maintains good student conduct in the passenger compartment; controls student behavior and restrains unruly riders as necessary.
- Provides riders with verbal and written information, special announcements, and schedules.
- Communicates with driver, parents, students and staff to convey pertinent information while maintaining confidentiality of personal information.
- Enforces District policies and rules of conduct, and reports behavior issues and other concerns to supervisor or Principal.
- Assists with daily vehicle inspections, and cleaning the bus interior.
- Documents special issues and problems, and assures all required written reports are completed and submitted on a daily basis.
- Transports equipment and supplies for special needs students and assures delivery to teachers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.