Job | Posted a month ago
Student Advocate - Tracker
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 5.5/ day
Hourly rate: $14.72/ hour
- Name: Dave Carter
- Phone: 801-610-8785
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Viewpoint: Student Advocates will assist the Counseling Department and school administration in tracking and identifying high risk students and students who may become high risk in the areas of academics, behavior and social and emotional learning. Will also teach 1 class period of guided studies.
The job of advocate is done for the purpose/s of monitoring referred students; providing clerical support to assigned school site personnel; communicating information to staff and the public; providing complete and accurate records; and providing information and/or direction as may be requested.
- Administers first aid and prescription medications to students (under the direction of a health care professional) for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs within established guidelines.
- Answers telephone calls for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
- Assists with processing of documents, forms, mailings and materials (e.g. attendance, enrollments, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Attends department and/or in-service meetings for the purpose of gathering information required to perform functions.
- Distributes materials (e.g. mail, checks, supplies, messages, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring delivery to addressee.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. letters, forms, reports, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials (e.g. forms, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring items' availability.
- Monitors students referred for illness or disciplinary action for the purpose of ensuring student welfare and maintaining a secure office environment.
- Prepares standardized documents (e.g. form letters and memos, calendars, bulletins, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to other parties.
- Supports classroom teachers and other school personnel for the purpose of assisting them in the
implementation of curriculum and teaching methodologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.