2023-2024 Teacher Middle School Band (CC: 5590)
Job | Posted a month ago
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate
- Music endorsement
- Art and Music teaching experience preferred
- Experience working in a multicultural setting preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Teaches skills in music appreciation, harmony, and explorations in music, and in choral music (chorus, choir, choral ensemble). Utilizes course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law, administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Plans a balanced music program, and organizes daily class time so that preparation, rehearsal, and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
- Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary, that are appropriate for the ages and sill levels of students.
- Controls the storage and use of school-owned property, and makes minor adjustments and requests repairs to instruments as required.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment during practice, group rehearsals, and musical performances.
- Evaluates each student’s musical growth and performance, assessing each individual’s contribution to the performance of the group.
- Plans, rehearses, and directs students in musical programs for school and community.
- Selects and requisitions books, musical instruments and instructional aides; and maintains required inventory records
- Cooperates with the school administration in providing musical programs for school productions and civic functions.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of student activities.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education provided by the district, and in self-selected professional growth activities related to music.
SALARY: Certified Salary Schedule