Varsity Assistant Coach - Volleyball
Job | Posted 3 months ago
|Manassas Park City Schools
100 Park Central Plaza, Suite 300
Manassas Park, Virginia 20111
POSITION: Varsity Assistant Coach
- Pay: Stipend of $2800.00
- Hours: To be set in conjunction with the Varsity Coach and the Athletic Director
The Assistant Coach carries out the aims and objectives of the sports program as outlined by the Head Coach; instructs athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. This job reports to Head Coach/Athletic Director.
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- MPCS staff preferred.
- Knowledge and background in assigned sport.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is desirable.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: (including but not limited to the following)
- Instructs athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Instructs participants on personal hygiene and safety procedures and in the need to report injuries to the coach and /or trainer immediately.
- Fosters among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, a desire to win, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.
- Informs students of the insurance program available through the Manassas Park City Schools
- Provides all students involved in the program a safe environment through adequate supervision.
- Assists Head Coach with maintaining individual and team performance records.
- Assists Head Coach in providing accurate records of equipment to the assistant to the Director of Athletics/Director of Student Activities.
- Conveys the policies of the team, local school, and MPCS (e.g. regulation on Student Responsibilities and Rights and Extra-Curricular Activities) to all participants.
- Ensures compliance with rules, policies, and regulations of the Virginia High School League, regional and district councils, and MPCS.
- Submits forms to the Director of Athletics/Director of Student Activities (e.g. eligibility rosters, players’, addresses, etc.) to meet requirements by the Virginia High School League, the School Board, local school, and MPCS.
- Follows School Activity Funds Manual and local school policies involving financial transactions.
- Establishes procedures for communicating with parents/guardians.
- Informs students about athletic programs and encourages their participation.
- Assists Head Coach with public relations and conveying information on athletic program.
- Implements appropriate procedures when handling injury situations.
- Ensures availability of first aid kits and emergency care cards at all times.
- Inspects facilities, equipment, and environmental conditions to ensure the safety of participants.
- Participates in professional growth activities.
- Participates in the award program(s) in adherence to school procedures.
- Provides an atmosphere conducive to good sportsmanship.
- Assists other personnel and performs other duties as may be required to ensure an efficient and effective work environment.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Must have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with other staff and the public through the
use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment such as, but not limited to, a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions will be required.
CLEARANCES (Conditions for employment):
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
- Tuberculosis Screening
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Manassas Park City Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, management and administration reserve the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position.