District Night Lead Custodian (CC: 6743) (FTE 1.0)
Isaac School District
TITLE: Lead Custodian
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To create a clean and secure environment within the school and supervise and train custodians.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Supervises, trains, assigns work to and evaluates custodians.
- Plans and organizes duties and assignments; conducts in-services on supplies and equipment; maintains custodial storage area and orders and delivers supplies.
- Cleans and vacuums classrooms, restrooms, hallways, offices, storage areas and lounges.
- Sweeps and mops floors, collects and disposes of trash, cleans furniture and fixtures; and replaces supplies.
- Assists in the cafeteria and/or in opening up the building, disarming alarms, and setting up traffic control signs.
- May perform minor maintenance and repair on buildings, fixtures, grounds and equipment.
- Transports equipment and assists in setting up rooms for meetings and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledge of supervisory techniques and practices.
Knowledge of cleaning and housekeeping principles and practices.
Knowledge of cleaning supplies and equipment.
Knowledge of basic repair and maintenance techniques.
Knowledge of safe work practices.
Skill in supervising others.
Skill in performing cleaning activities.
Skill in operating vacuums, floor buffers and other cleaning machinery.
Skill in following written or verbal work orders.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma and two (2) years cleaning or minor maintenance work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skill. Ability to read and write English.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Valid Arizona Driver License.