Maintenance Lead (CC: TBD)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Isaac School District
TITLE: Maintenance Lead
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Exempt
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The job of the Maintenance Lead is for the purpose of ensuring compliance with service requests, building requirements, ensuring availability of required equipment, ensuring assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner and over-seeing operational staff as assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Oversees and reviews the work of staff for the purpose of ensuring job understanding and expectations
- Reinforces related policies and procedures for the purpose of ensuring job understanding and expectations
- Identifies minor/major maintenance and repair projects for the purpose of meeting various district maintenance and facilities needs
- Plans/lays out work, makes informal estimates of production capability that is used in planning and estimating budget needs for the purpose of ensuring work is completed in a safe, accurate and timely manner
- Plans schedules and directs assigned operational personnel and outside contractors for the purpose of ensuring work is completed in a safe, accurate and timely manner
- Maintains the flow/quality of work and makes day-to-day adjustments in work schedules in accordance with overall priorities for the purpose of ensuring work is completed in a safe, accurate and timely manner
- Reports on project completion dates, and maintains records of work accomplishments and labor for the purpose of providing written and/or conveying information
- Broadens the training/experience of employees and provides for cross training for the purpose of ensuring job understanding and expectations
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns
- Requests quotes for the purpose of providing cost information, purchasing and securing items
- Attends meeting for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions
- Duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Skills are required to perform multiple technical tasks with an occasional need to upgrade skills to maintain an acceptable level of performance due to changing job conditions: Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: a variety of position specific skills.
Knowledge is required to perform multiple calculations, create and/or compose documents; analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: knowledge of standard practices and the materials/tools used in the building and mechanical trades; hazards involved and safety precautions necessary in building and grounds maintenance.
Ability is required to plan, organize, control and effectively supervise the work staff, interpret blueprints, sketches and oral and written instructions; prepare time, material and cost estimates; work and communicate with both internal and external customers; display a high standard of ethical conduct; exhibit honesty and integrity, demonstrate a high level of initiative, effort and commitment toward completing assignments efficiently; demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail; respond appropriately to supervision; align behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the district; encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride, trust and group identity. Ability is also required to work a significantly diversity of individuals and/or groups. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: follow safety guidelines and procedures; meet deadlines and schedules under time constraints.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision, focusing primarily on results, directing others within a department, large work unit and/or across several small work units; and monitoring the use of labor hours, assignments and funds. Significant utilization of resources from other work units is required to perform the job’s functions. There is an opportunity to significantly impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; significant climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; significant reaching, handling, feeling and/or feeling. Generally the job requires 30% sitting, 40% walking and 30% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes, some hazardous conditions (e.g.; mechanical, cuts, burns, infectious disease, high decibel noise, etc.) and in varying atmospheric conditions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma, GED or equivalent and five (5) years maintenance and operational work experience preferred OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skill. Bilingual preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Valid Arizona Drivers License.