2023-2024 Special Ed Preschool Instructor (CC: 6287)
SPECIAL EDUCATION PRESCHOOL TEACHER
Valid Arizona Special Education Early Childhood Teacher Certification.
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To provide instruction to facilitate learning, which enables all students to reach their academic potential and become responsible, productive citizens.
- Establish learning goals and objectives with emphasis on behavior.
- Determine appropriate program of study to meet specific needs of all students.
- Provide instruction based on established objectives and individual student needs.
- Maintain positive effective classroom management.
- Maintain appropriate student records and documentation.
- Communicate effectively and consistently with students, parents, colleagues, and administration.
- Continue to grow professionally through appropriate staff development opportunities and obtain a minimum of 15 clock hours of staff development each year.
- Adhere to all Board policies and/or rules, Arizona Revised Statutes and federal regulations pertaining to education.
- Attend staff and inservice meetings, workshops and school functions as directed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of children with learning disabilities.
- Devise an Individual Educational Program (IEP) for each student, ensuring that it reflects the latest psychological evaluation.
- Provide instruction according to each student’s IEP.
- Develop a working and cooperative rapport with students’ parents or guardian to provide a continuity between school and home.
- Collaborate with all teachers to ensure follow through of students with special needs. 15. Perform other job-related duties as assigned. BENEFITS: Medical Insurance Life Insurance Retirement Sick Leave Long Term Disability Insurance Dental Insurance
SALARY: Certified Salary Schedule
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER IN COMPLIANCE WITH TITLE IX OF THE EDUCATION AMENDMENTS OF 1972 AND SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973