Child Nutrition Manager - Northlake Elementary School
Under the direct supervision of the Child Nutrition Director and School Principal. The Child Nutrition Manager supervises food services activities at assigned site, organize food preparation activities, assists cafeteria workers with food preparation and serving, supervises and manages cafeteria staff to ensure compliance of policies and regulations, confirms quantities and quality of food items which are to be served, provide written reports, comply with mandated health requirements, ensure kitchen and lunchroom compliance with all state and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides leadership and motivation to team and ensures they are effective at all times.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, storage areas, food preparation and serving areas, as needed, for the purpose of maintaining sanitary conditions.
- Estimates food preparation amounts and adjusts recipes, if required, for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements and minimizing waste of food items
- Evaluates prepared food for flavor, appearance and temperature for the purpose of presenting items that will be accepted by students, patrons, and/or staff.
- Implements menu items based on production records for the purpose of meeting students' mandated daily nutritional requirements.
- Inspects food and/or supply deliveries for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health requirements.
- Inventory and order food, condiments, supplies and equipment at specified intervals for the purpose of ensuring availability of items required for meeting projected menu requirements.
- Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition for the purpose of complying with current health standards.
- Manages and monitors site operations for the purpose of providing a safe clean, sanitary working environment and efficient food services at the assigned site in compliance with mandated nutritional requirements and health standards.
- Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Knowledgeable of Free and Reduced applications and can assist patrons with applying for Free and Reduced meals.
- Prepares a variety of documentation (e.g. meal program records, reconciliation reports, cash summary, time sheets, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information and processes receipts for the purpose of completing and documenting transactions and /or preparing bank deposits.
- Responds to inquiries of students, staff and the public for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding available food items and/or food service policies and practices.
- Ensures students at school are on correct meal status, investigate through ASPIRE software to confirm students are on correct status, works with CNP office staff to ensure this is correctly performed.
- Manages cafeteria staff to ensure tasks and carried out correctly and safely, performs yearly performance reviews of cafeteria staff.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Travel between schools and central offices may be required to attend meetings or in-service, and deliver paperwork.
- Works in standard school cafeteria environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form and report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to positively market breakfast, lunch, and any child nutrition program to all students and patrons.
- Ability to schedule activities, meetings, safety meetings and/or events.
- Strong computer skills, and ability to run Microsoft office suite (i.e. Excel, Word), operate ordering programs for placing orders from vendors.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to budget and perform cost control
- Ability to operate and train personnel on equipment found in a commercial kitchen.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 2 years’ experience in the food service industry.
- Child nutrition experience preferred.
- Management or leadership experience.
- Serve Safe or Food Safety Managers Certification. (Must have certification within 90 days of hire.)
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Application Procedure: Apply through Frontline via school district website. www.tooeleschools.org
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
8 hours/day, 180 days per year
Salary: Support Professional Employees
Benefit Eligible, Classified Rate
3 Personal, 7 Sick Days Per Year