Job | Posted 11 days ago
Position starting: 8/11/23
Hiring Manager: Cassy Saxton
- Elementary K-6
- Elementary 1-8
- Educational Technology Endorsement
- Elementary Keyboarding Endorsement
- Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' skills and competence in foundational technology skills, keyboarding, digital citizenship, and computer science.
- Delivers technology education curriculum consistent with state, district and school goals and objectives.
- Facilitates computer science instruction (including coding) to help students learn basic computer science principles and practice computational thinking and problem solving skills.
- Instructs, models, and encourages proactive digital citizenship and engages in safe online digital practices.
- Teaches foundational technology skills including keyboarding, identification and use of hardware and software, file management, and digital research.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to student learning while allowing for differentiated instruction.
- Adapts and develops lesson plans and instructional materials, facilitates learner driven activities to challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of technical skills to everyday needs.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts, and ability to create, plan, and carry out lessons for multiple grades K-6.
- Ability to use computer network systems and software applications as needed (Google Applications, Mac OS, Chromebooks, etc).
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Alpine School District
575 N. 100 E , American Fork, UT 84003