TITLE: READING RESOURCE TEACHER (All funding sources)
1. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
2. Minimum of three years teaching experience.
3. Reading Endorsement COMPLETED and on certificate.
4. Demonstrated reading expertise and teaching in the level of support for consideration.
5. Certification in areas of coaching such as Elementary, Primary, or Secondary (valid state certification)
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the law and School Board find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal or designated supervisor
Demonstrate knowledge of child development especially of the characteristics of children in the age group assigned.
Demonstrate understanding of the prescribed reading curriculum. This includes District adopted curriculum as well as supplementary intervention materials.
Demonstrate ability to provide effective reading intervention strategies/practices.
Demonstrate knowledge of and provide support in a variety of learning styles/methods used in teaching students at various learning levels.
Provide oral and written communication as appropriate to students, parents, and teachers.
Assist teachers/peers in planning and implementing intervention activities based on student need.
Work effectively with peers, teachers, administrators, and literacy/reading coaches to adequately provide prescribed interventions for all identified students.
Provide assistance to students by implementing effective instructional strategies.
Coordinate and provide support to students and teachers related to district and state testing programs.
Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and literacy/reading coaches to support Professional Learning Communities (PLC).
Assist in reviewing and analyzing data to support small group instruction.
Conducat/assist in data chats with students based on data collected to support student ownership and academic growth.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 months-Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent to the District’s Board approved salary schedule.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated by the immediate supervisor