Work-Based Learning Technican
Job | Posted 9 days ago
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Erin Tanner, Assistant Principal, at (385)-646-6710 or email email@example.com
Hours per week: 29
|Job Title||Work-Based Learning Technician|
|Salary Schedule||Hourly Classified (72)|
|Contract Length||Hourly Only|
|Last Review Date||February 2021|
The Work-Based Learning Specialist is housed at a high school but serves K-12 students in the high school’s feeder network. The specialist’s primary role is to increase career awareness, provide exploration opportunities both in the school and at industry partners, and supports placement of students in internships and apprenticeships. The Work-based Learning Specialist is part of the Career Center Team at the assigned high school and jr. high.
Scheduled hours may vary to meet the needs of stakeholder groups.
Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Conducts work-based activities as part of a district, network, and high school team.
- Support district-wide and Wasatch Front South Region events
- Works as a member of the high school Career Center Team assisting students with work-based, focused career exploration.
- Sets up and supervises job shadows, internships, and apprenticeships at industry partner facilities.
- Provides work-based learning experiences as part of the College and Career Awareness classes in network junior high schools, and support career awareness in elementary schools.
- Assists with Reality Towns, Mock Interviews, Career Forums, and other special Career Explorations, and Advisory Board activities as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Current Utah driver’s license
Required Prior Experience
Experience working with students at one or more grade-levels
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to interface with broad range of stakeholders including such groups as, students, education staff, industry, and workforce agencies in a professional manner.
- Strong attention to details and the ability to complete required reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to check written communications for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and correct sentence and paragraph structure.
- Excellent interpersonal and public relation skills.
Makes decisions independently within guidelines provided for the work-based learning program. Identifies activities and events that promote student awareness, exploration, and training within identified career pathway. Assesses worksite safety for identified internship sites.
Interactions with Others
Positive and professional interactions with stakeholders and other groups including students, education staff, industry partners, and workforce agencies. Works closely with industry partners to open sites for student participation in job shadows, internships, and apprenticeship opportunities. Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Monitors student success in work-based learning experiences including safety on worksites and during all activities/events. Facilitates student completion of training requirements for participation in internship/apprenticeship opportunities.
Maintains expenditures within budget provided by the district CTE department for network work-based learning activities and mileage.
Work setting varies based on work-based learning activities including: both inside and outside school buildings elementary to secondary, postsecondary, and in industry settings in both hot and cold weather.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
Granite School District
2500 South State Street , Salt Lake City, UT 84115
At the following locations
OLYMPUS SR. HIGH
4055 SOUTH 2300 EAST , HOLLADAY, UT 84124