Custodian - Day
Job | Posted 9 days ago
JOB TITLE: Day Custodian
REPORTS TO: Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
CONTRACT STATUS: Full-time/12-month contract
SALARY SCHEDULE: Custodians
APPROVED BY: Brad Yokley
APPROVED DATE: 2/7/2019
SUMMARY: Provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient place in which to learn, play and develop.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: these statements are intended to describe the responsibilities assigned to this position and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Unlock and unchain doors.
- Turn on lights in restrooms and hallways.
- Check and replace any lights that are out.
- Before school, hang U.S. and Oklahoma flags and take down after school.
- Check playground for damaged equipment, broken glass, etc.
- Empty all outside barrels.
- Keep outside trash picked up.
- Keep entryways swept and spot mop.
- Help keep entryway glass clean.
- Check restrooms every hour and end of day for paper, soap, and water on the floor. Keep stools flushed and countertops clean.
- Clean cafeteria after lunch. (Sweep, mop and take out trash.)
- Assists with special projects.
- All other duties as assigned by Principal or Supervisor.
- Buff all commons areas.
- Buff entryways to main doors.
- Keep playground swept or blown-off.
- Clean air vents in your area.
- Check fire extinguishers in your area.
- Clean light fixtures.
- Summer-Work with assigned crews: removing and laying carpets, removing and laying tile, scrub and wax floors, painting and light carpentry, moving of furniture, operating a power washer, and general grounds responsibilities including cutting grass, landscaping, and similar tasks.
- Winter-Spreading Ice Melt, shoveling and removal of snow from sidewalks and parking lots, scrub and wax floors, removing and laying carpets, painting and light carpentry, and moving of furniture.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Two (2) years of general or related experience preferred
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret general written instructions in English language. Ability to effectively communicate with supervisor, school personnel, and co-workers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic math functions such as addition and subtraction.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
LICENSES and REGISTRATIONS: Current driver’s license in good standing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee is required to push and pull multiple pieces of equipment including vacuums, mops, buffers, scrubbers, and similar equipment. The employee is frequently required to climb up ladders and reach over head. Vision abilities for this job include close, distant, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, chemicals or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Owasso Public Schools
1501 North Ash , Owasso, OK 74055
At the following locations
501 East 2nd Avenue , Owasso, OK 74055