JOB TITLE: Bus Driver
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
CONTRACT STATUS: Hourly
SALARY SCHEDULE: Bus Driver
SUMMARY: The primary duty of the school bus driver is to transport students to and from school and on special assignments safely and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: these statements are intended to describe the responsibilities assigned to this position and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Maintains a set and rigid schedule; be timely.
- Conducts a 5-minute pre-trip and post trip bus inspection and completes proper forms.
- Reports all mechanical problems.
- Keeps the school bus clean; dusts and sweeps daily; empties trash regularly.
- Checks and maintains safety equipment and first aid kit.
- Develops cooperative and functional relationships with district staff and the public; maintains consistent and punctual attendance; ensures job responsibilities are met competently and within established deadlines.
- Assists with special projects.
- All other duties as assigned by the director.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be 21 years of age.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Computer literate; excellent written and oral communication ability. Ability to follow all district policies and procedures. Ability to work independently, displaying initiative and enthusiasm for the tasks being done. Demonstrating strong communication skills, orally and in writing, with faculty, staff, team members, and administrators. Ability to work without supervision, and work as a team player. Ability to document records accurately. Ability to listen effectively.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret English language. Ability to give instructions in a professional manner.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and mathematical operations to essential functions of the position.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and REGISTRATIONS:
- Oklahoma Commercial Driver's License class B, with a passenger endorsement and no airbrake restriction.
- School Bus Driver Certificate issued by the Oklahoma State Department of Education.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have an annual physical.
- No less than 20/50 vision in either eye, or less than 20/30 vision in both eyes.
- No sign or symptom of ill health
- Hearing test
- Drug screening
Must attend annual district-provided first aid and CPR training.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.