On-Time Graduation Coordinator
Job | Posted 10 days ago
|Manassas Park City Schools
100 Park Central Plaza, Suite 300
Manassas Park, Virginia 20111
POSITION: On-Time Graduation Coordinator/Cougars Connect
- Pay scale: Managerial Scale: https://www.mpark.net/departments/human_resources
- Position Length: 12 month
- Hours: Full time unless otherwise specified
The On-Time Graduation/Cougars Connect Coordinator facilitates student success in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of students'; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents, and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc. The coordinator reports to the principal and assistant principal.
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Must hold a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Must hold a valid teaching license from the Virginia Department of Education with an endorsement in a high school content area.
- Must have a minimum of five years successful teaching experience.
- Must demonstrate effective knowledge of and be sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population.
- Must be able to develop effective relationships with students, parents, and school personnel.
- Complies with all school laws, State Board of Education regulations, and all policies and regulations made by the School Board and Superintendent.
- Performs all duties deemed necessary by the School Board and Superintendent for the efficient and successful operation of the school system.
- Maintains records as required by law, School Board policies and regulations and strives to be prompt and accurate with required records and reports.
- Works cooperatively with all staff members and interacts in a positive manner with parents and other community representatives.
- Coordinates the process to identify, assess, intervene, and monitor students not on track for an on-time high school graduation.
- Coordinates and monitors all aspects of the Cougars Connect Computer-Based Learning program at Manassas Park High School.
- Serves as lead liaison in organizing communication and collaboration between students, parents, and school staff to develop, implement and monitor plans and interventions to ensure academic success of students.
- Regularly utilizes various means of communication with students that positively reinforce progress or alert them to the need for further interventions.
- Assists and supports the development and/or improvement of schoolwide intervention systems at the high school.
- Gathers and analyzes relevant data and documents to assess student progress, maintain records, and prepare reports.
- Connects students to interventions and services needed to meet academic and disciplinary needs.
- Contacts community resource organizations and agencies for the purpose of enlisting needed help for at-risk students.
- Communicates with school staff to assess student ongoing needs.
- Participates on the Student Resource Team (SRT).
- Works with school counselors and teachers to provide instructional intervention using on-line course recovery software and other strategies that can prevent initial failures.
- Establishes and maintains purposeful relationships with students and parents.
- Assists students in developing and implementing strategies for removing barriers to graduation. Monitors targeted students’ progress. Initiates parent conferences as needed.
- Utilizes early warning indicators to identify high school students who are most likely at risk of not graduating; creates a database of at-risk students and tracks individual and subpopulation progress toward graduation.
- Coordinates ISAEP placement and instructional services for students wishing to pursue a GED credential.
- Manages the online programs that are utilized in the Cougars Connect program.
- Works closely with Cougars Connect staff to ensure an environment conducive to learning.
- Maintains an effective system of monitoring student progress and informs appropriate persons when concerns arise.
- Demonstrates professional growth and attends all meetings called or approved by the Superintendent and/or Principal.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the principal, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Must have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with other staff and the public using the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment such as, but not limited to, a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions will be required.
CLEARANCES (Conditions for employment):
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
- Tuberculosis Screening
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Manassas Park City Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, management and administration reserve the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position.
Manassas Park City Schools
One Park Center Court Suite A, Manassas Park, VA 20111
At the following locations
Manassas Park High
8200 Euclid Avenue , Manassas Park, VA 20111