Student and Family Outreach
Job | Posted 15 days ago
Student and Family Outreach
Hours : 40 hrs/wk
Hourly rate: $19.72 as per 23-24 classified negotiated agreement
Non Contract/HBE eligible
- Name: Rod Campbell
- Phone: 801-610-8175
The job of Student and Family Outreach is done for the purpose/s of providing support to students who are vulnerable to gang recruitment and show common signs of gang involvement, and providing student-centered and goal-oriented support to students, youth, and parents/guardians in order to increase academic performance, socio-emotional well-being, protective factors, and resiliency, and to aid in decreasing high risk behaviors.
- Acts as a liaison between school district and parents/students for the purpose of facilitating access to resources.
- Assists in maintaining a variety of confidential and non-confidential manual and electronic lists and records (e.g. case files, attendance, progress, etc.) for the purpose of providing reference, tracking progress, and/or meeting mandated requirements within the Gang Prevention Grant.
- Assists parents with locating and enrolling in skill development courses for the purpose of promoting parental effectiveness to support student achievement.
- Assists assigned administrators in developing program resources for the purpose of fostering community resources and developing reference lists of available community resources.
- Conducts home visits for the purpose of assessing family needs.
- Implements intervention activities for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing productive alternatives to gang-related activities.
- Monitors student behavior for the purpose of identifying students who may need intervention and providing information to appropriate instructional staff.
- Orients students, families and volunteers for the purpose of establishing familiarity with program, services, and required processes.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences, and in-service training programs for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and remaining knowledgeable with program guidelines.
- Prepares a variety of documents, reports and written materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to parents, staff; providing written support, developing recommendations and/or conveying information.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing information and/or direction as may be required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job related experience is required in student services related work which required the speaking of fluent Spanish.
Education: Targeted, job related education with study in job-related area.
Education (Preferred): Supplemented with college studies in child development and/or student services preferred.
Alpine School District
575 N. 100 E , American Fork, UT 84003