SPED - Itinerant Preschool teacher
Job | Posted 20 days ago
Starting date: 8/11/23
Hiring Manager: Linda Chadburn
phone: (801) 610-8233
Contract and Benefits
The job of Preschool Teacher was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for supervising preschool students, including some who have special needs, within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students’ parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress.
- Organizes and facilitates developmentally appropriate learning opportunities for the purpose of ensuring student participation and improving the student academic success to foster a smooth and successful transition to elementary school.
- Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning within established curriculum guidelines.
- Assesses student progress toward objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents, and administration.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations, student’s achievements, and developing methods of improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Directs assistant teacher and special education paraeducator, volunteers, and/or student workers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Collaborates effectively with special education teacher, related servers, instructional coach, and other colleagues for the purpose of providing appropriate services to all students as outlined in the IEP.
- Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Monitors preschool students in a variety of educational environments for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Models conversation, manners, clean up activities, listening skills, etc. for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social and interpersonal behavior.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. weekly newsletters, assessment reports, lesson plans, etc.) for the purpose of communicating with parents, documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Attends IEP meetings for students as needed.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to the appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Administers first aid and/or dispenses medications for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. other teachers, parents, administrators, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information, and/or direction.
- Participates in a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Early Childhood Special Education License or Bachelor's Degree and commitment to complete a 2-3 year certification program while working full time.
Alpine School District
575 N. 100 E , American Fork, UT 84003