Payroll Specialist (FTE 1.0) (CC: 6116) (CC: 6183)
Job | Posted 17 hours ago
TITLE: Payroll Specialist
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To process payroll for district employees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Processes bi-weekly payroll and issues payroll checks.
- Inputs new employees into payroll system.
- Ability to maintain accurate and confidential employee payroll files.
- Ensures all voluntary deductions from payroll are coded and deducted according to district policies and procedures.
- Pays federal and state taxes. Prepares bank deposits and electronic funds transfers. Prepares quarterly and annual state and federal tax reports, worker's compensation and unemployment reports.
- Maintain and verify all Federal W2 records.
- Reconcile various payroll reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledge of payroll processing techniques and practices.
Knowledge of Federal and State payroll regulations and tax laws.
Knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
Knowledge of computerized records systems.
Skill in processing payroll.
Skill in making mathematical computations.
Skill in maintaining accurate reports and forms.
Skill in operating office equipment and computer hardware and software.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED and two (2) years payroll or bookkeeping experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that provide the required knowledge and skills.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: None.
Isaac School District
3348 W. MCDOWELL RD , PHOENIX, AZ 85009