School Nutrition Team Leader
Job | Posted a month ago
|Manassas Park City Schools
100 Park Central Plaza, Suite 300
Manassas Park, Virginia 20111
POSITION: School Nutrition Team Leader
- Non-exempt - $15.52 - $20.95 per hour
- Position Length: 184 days
- Hours: 7 hours per day
The School Nutrition Team Lead supports the manager in the daily operations of a school nutrition program including coordinating food and supply orders and deliveries; providing supervision and training of food service staff; organizing food preparation and service; assisting food service staff in food preparation and service; confirming quantities and quality of food items available for use; cashiering; and complying with local and state health requirements.
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and training related to the position.
- Be ServSafe certified as a food protection manager.
- Thorough knowledge of food preparation and the functional operation of a school cafeteria.
- Knowledge of health code and USDA requirements.
- Ability to adjust recipes to accurately determine food requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, co-workers, parents and students.
- Must possess patience and understanding in dealing with children.
- Assists with weekly food and supply orders based on resources on hand and forecast production requirements.
- Checks quality, quantity, and accuracy of weekly deliveries and invoices. Sends signed, verified invoices within guidelines established.
- Assists with forecasting, production needs, and employee work schedules, to ensure each meal meets requirements as established by USDA and ACPS School Nutrition Services.
- Maintains food production records for the school nutrition program. Creates and utilizes production planning to produce quality foods.
- Maintains high standards of sanitation and safety according to guidelines of state, local authorities, and MPCS..
- Follows menus using standardized recipes. Oversees foods being prepared are accurately weighed, measured, and portioned, according to recipe or portion chart.
- Maintains high quality of product, storage, and preparation techniques.
- Inventories food, condiments, supplies, and equipment at specified intervals for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items and limiting losses.
- Knowledge and ability to work in all areas and phases of operation to include computers and POS terminals.
Must have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with other staff and the public through theuse of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment such as, but not limited to, a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions will be required.
CLEARANCES (Conditions for employment):
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
- Tuberculosis Screening
Manassas Park City Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, management and administration reserve the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position.
Manassas Park City Schools
One Park Center Court Suite A, Manassas Park, VA 20111
At the following locations
Food Service Office
8202 Euclid Avenue , Manassas Park, VA 20111