Under the direct supervision of Building Principal to teach weekly physical education to grades K-6.
Essential Job Functions
• Planning and instructing fun, engaging, and age-appropriate PE activities
• Establishing and reinforcing positive class management
• Overseeing all PE equipment
• Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
• Standard PE equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
• Ability to perform physical activities without difficulty.
• Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
• Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
• Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to perform physical activities
• Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be at 18 years of age.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Support Professional Salary Schedule:
Level E $15.15 an hour
*Part time: Up to 26 hours per week - Time Card
Not Benefit Eligible