Speech Language Technician - Maeser Elementary
Job | Posted a month ago
POSITION: SPEECH LANGUAGE TECHNICIAN ~ MAESER ELEMENTARY
40 hours per week with benefits, 182-day contract position)
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
JOB SUMMARY: The Speech Pathologist will work with both the general education and special education population with language handicaps, articulation deficits, dysfluencies, and voice disorders.
- Serves as a resource to school staff members in the development of a balanced program for oral communication and speech improvement;
- Assists and guides teachers in observing, describing, and referring suspected and identified speech and language impairments;
- Provides a thorough assessment and diagnosis of speech, voice, and language impairments;
- Provides screening to identify speech handicapped children at regular intervals and at specified levels;
- Assists in proper referrals of individuals to agencies and specialists in the community;
- Provides appropriate individualized programs of therapy to meet individual students’ needs and correct existing speech or language handicaps;
- Collaborates with classroom teachers and other school staff members to implement therapy by suggestions for the student’s daily activities;
- Provides information, support, and counseling to parents and families when appropriate;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication;
- Master’s Degree in Speech and Language Pathology;
- Minimum 300 clock hours of supervised practicum experience with persons who present a variety of communication disorders, to be acquired in conjunction with academic training, 150 hours of which shall be obtained on the graduate level.
Your application will be complete when you provide the following:
- Cover letter explaining clearly how you qualify/meet district expectations for the position;
- Evidence of certification as a Speech Language Technician and evidence of certification as a Speech Pathologist
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts documenting evidence of a college degree from an accredited institution;
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a direct supervisor (does not have to be a current supervisor), which address candidate’s skills at working effectively with students, parents, staff and community members.
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
SALARY: As per District Teacher Salary Schedule.
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING: Open Until Filled
BEGINNING: 2023/24 School Year
Uintah School District
635 West 200 South , Vernal, UT 84078