SPED (M/M) Resource - Elementary
Job | Posted a month ago
Position starting: August 11, 2023
1 year contract
Hiring Manager: Patrice Worlton
- SPED license is required
- Mild /Moderate Disabilities (M/M) endorsement is required
SPED (M/M) Resource
Elementary Special Education Resource Teacher
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing specialized instruction using research based interventions and district curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc. Writing and implementing IEP goals and behavior intervention plans to ensure adequate progress of students with mild to moderate disabilities. This person will ensure that timelines are followed, meetings are established and held in a timely and compliant manner. This person will also work closely with general education classroom teachers as well as related service providers to ensure adequate progress on IEP goals is made.
- Develops and administers school elementary curriculum consistent with IEP goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, progress monitoring, and reporting for students with IEPs.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom. Coordinates with related service providers and implements IEP goals and behavior intervention plans.
- Coordinates with other elementary professional staff members, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and help students participate and have access to the general curriculum.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including activities involving school transportation.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with publishers guidelines and District testing practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state special education laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Alpine School District
575 N. 100 E , American Fork, UT 84003