Head Swim Coach - UHS
Job | Posted 2 months ago
POSITION: HEAD SWIM COACH – UINTAH HIGH SCHOOL
(Voucher Position, No Benefits)
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the school principal, the coach is to help participating students achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
District Expectations for Head Coach:
- Maintain team organization, discipline, and good relationships with people;
- Schedule and prepare for practices and meets;
- Properly manage and care for equipment and supplies;
- Be responsible for the development of the program;
- Be an example of ethical behavior and moral character;
- Plan and chaperone any out-of-town meets;
- Be responsible for finance and budget requests;
- Enforce and follow school athletic policies and by-laws;
- Take care of insurance, physicals and transportation forms;
- Work with transportation director in making transportation arrangements.
- High School Diploma required;
- Successful experience working with secondary students;
- Evidence of coaching experience, training or degree in coaching, experience as a coach or an advisor.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE COMPLETE WHEN YOU PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a direct supervisor (does not have to be a current supervisor), which address your skills at working effectively with students, parents, staff and community members;
- Copies of college transcripts (if applicable).
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
Salary: As per District Salary Schedule
Deadline for Applying: Open until filled
Uintah School District
635 West 200 South , Vernal, UT 84078