2023-2024 Middle School Technology Teacher (CC: 6433)
Job | Posted a month ago
MIDDLE SCHOOLJOB GOAL: Under general supervision, teaches one or more classes in the field of Technology to students in the middle school setting, assists in other programs as assigned, and creates a flexible program and environment favorable to learning and personal growth in accordance with each student's ability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach students to demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts used in the real world.
- Promotes informational literacy and digital citizenship which includes safe, legal, and responsible use of information and technology.
- Employ communication and collaboration as students use digital media and environments to support individual learning and contribute as part of a team to the learning of others.
- Teaches skills and appropriate learning activities in graphic arts and media
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the district.
- Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration and working time.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior required to provide an orderly and productive environment.
- Maintains control over storage and use of school-owned materials, equipment, and tools to prevent loss or abuse.
- Evaluates each student's performance and growth in knowledge and understanding, and prepares progress reports.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student conduct needed to provide an orderly, safe, and productive environment in an activity-type classroom.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
- Communicates with parents and school staff on student progress.
- Cooperates in school-wide supervision of students during out-of-classroom activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Arizona Elementary or Secondary Teacher Certification
- A valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Possess an approved area in Computers/Technology
- Middle school experience preferred
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting
- English as a second language (ESL) endorsement preferred
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
SALARY: Certified Salary Schedule
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Apply online at www.isaacschools.org. Please enclose Transcripts, Placement File, Letters of Reference and Certificate.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER IN COMPLIANCE WITH TITLE IX OF THE EDUCATION AMENDMENTS OF 1972 AND SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973
Isaac School District
3348 W. MCDOWELL RD , PHOENIX, AZ 85009
At the following locations
Isaac Middle School
3402 West McDowell Road , Phoenix, AZ 85009