CTE Graphic Design Teacher
San Carlos Unified School District #20
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box 207, San Carlos, Arizona 85550
Phone (928) 475-2315 Fax (928) 475-2301
Mission: We exist to educate and empower students to become culturally responsive, global Nn'ee
Vision: We will become an effective student focused learning community graduating culturally confident citizens.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 601
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, and age or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. San Carlos Unified School District Governing Board Policy No. GBA. San Carlos Schools does recognize Native American Preference in Employment.
Certificated CTE Graphic Art and Web Design Teacher Position Description
JOB TITLE: Career and Technical Education (CTE) Graphic Art and Web Design Teacher
REPORTS TO: Director of CTE/Principal
- BA or BS Degree.
- Valid State Certification in Music or Band.
- Must have current Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License.
REPORTS TO: HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
To create a flexible secondary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for higher level education, accordance with each pupil’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members
The Graphic and Web Design instructional program prepares students to apply technical knowledge and skills to the layout, design, and typographic arrangement of printed and/or electronic graphic and textual products. The Graphic and Web Design program includes instruction in the operation and maintenance of specialized computer hardware as well as the professional use of industry-standard software applications. The Graphic and Web Design program includes instruction in digital imaging, print preparation, page layout and design, desktop publishing, and applicable principles of graphic design and web page design as well as an in-depth examination of graphic and web design’s role in various commercial, industrial, and entertainment enterprises.
Students who successfully complete the Graphic and Web Design program’s coherent sequence of instruction will develop an in-depth, practical understanding of the three phases of the media creation process: pre-production, production, and post-production. The Graphic and Web Design program includes instruction in business best practices and the economic impact of the media industry, intellectual property law, data capture and manipulation, media management, and media distribution and delivery. Embedded within the Graphic and Web Design instructional program are verbal and nonverbal communication skills, writing skills, and mathematical skills required by the media industry. Throughout the Graphic and Web Design instructional program, students will learn and practice valuable skills using real-world computer hardware and industry-standard graphic design and page-layout software to create high-quality, professional-grade media products.
The Graphic and Web Design instructional program is designed to prepare students for postsecondary education and/or entry-level employment and/or to successfully earn the following industry-validated credentials: Adobe Certified Associate (ACA), PrintED/SkillsUSA Student Certification, and others.
The Graphic and Web Design instructional program is designed and delivered as a coherent sequence of school-based and work-based supervised learning.
Graphic and Web Design students develop leadership, social, civic, and career skills through participation in a state-recognized Career and Technical Student Organization SkillsUSA or FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America.)
- Teacher instructs, demonstrates, informs, performs, directs, and repeats as needed, for pupil learning in the assigned area, utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law, administrative regulation, and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Performs lesson plans into learning experiences in order to best utilize available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through inservice education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrators to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises pupils in out of classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of activities.
- Is responsible for continuing student learning
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education provided by the district, and /or self selected professional growth activities related to music education.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
SALARY: Placed on Board Approved Teacher’s Salary Schedule according to experience and education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.