Communications and Marketing Administrator
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
Granite School District is posting for the Communications and Marketing Administrator vacancy. Applicants from within and outside the district may apply for this position by completing the required application process. Current Granite School District administrators may apply by completing the internal application. Candidates who satisfy the requirements of the position will be contacted for interviews.
Interviews will be held at the Granite Education Center located at 2500 South State Street, Salt Lake City, Utah 84115.
|Job Title||Communications and Marketing Administrator|
|Supervisor||Communication’s Department Director|
|Salary Schedule & Lane Placement||Commensurate with level of education and experience|
|Contract Length||12 months – 243 days|
|FLSA Classification||Exempt - Professional|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, training, education, responsibilities, abilities; the machines, tools and equipment used; background; and any licenses or certifications required. Regular attendance and timeliness is an essential job function to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The District Communications and Marketing Administrator is tasked with overseeing all internal and external publications for website, newsletters, print materials, video productions and other communications. This position will supervise the department publications assistant and webmaster.
- Supervise district Webmaster.
- Supervise district Publications Assistant.
- Monitor and maintain district website.
- Oversee internal and external publications for website, newsletters, print materials, and other district communications.
- Produce video content (from scriptwriting and story boarding to filming, editing, exporting, and uploading) on a variety of topics, including informational pieces, marketing videos, employee trainings, and student learning.
- Craft and distribute email and print newsletters.
- Assist in layout of district presentations and branding efforts.
- Oversee district/school marketing committee and efforts.
- Manage content concerning all social media produced at district level, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Assist departments and schools with video productions as needed.
- Assist Communications Director with press releases and provide assistance with media relations.
- Assist Communications Director with emergency communications including recording phone messages, updating website information, and updating district and social media accounts as needed.
- Provide audio/visual support for live stream during Board Meetings (and other meetings, as needed).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
*This description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an employee assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of education, knowledge, and experience requirements; the machines, tools and equipment used; background; and any licenses or certifications required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in graphic design and desktop publishing.
- Knowledge of digital design practices and print layout requirements.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite software (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience filming, editing and rendering videos.
- Experience operating camera equipment, including video cameras, microphones, DSLR cameras, lighting, and stabilization.
- Proficient in video editing and motion graphics software (e.g., Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.).
- Advanced writing and proofreading skills, including technical writing, story writing and web posting.
- Understanding of AP Style and crafting press releases.
- Customer service and business-to-business communication experience.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic understanding of HTML code.
- Basic understanding of WordPress websites.
- Experience with strategic social media communication.
- Experience with live streaming and audio/visual systems.
- Knowledge of instructional design practices.
Required Education, Training and Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Public Relations, or related field preferred.
Required Prior Experience
- Minimum of five years marketing, design, or communications experience required.
Assigned Decision Making
- Makes decisions in regard to solicitation and implementation of stories for internal and external publication. Has discretion over special projects as assigned. Makes decisions and prioritizes time in assessing events for strategic publicity. Participates in creative process for the development of communication and marketing strategies.
- Interacts and collaborates with employees, board members, patrons, vendors, administrators and secretaries in schools.
- Works with various department secretaries, coordinators, managers and directors.
- Works positively and collaboratively with District departments including administrators and secretaries.
- Works with employees for certifications of time worked.
- Interacts with community partners to implement programing and secure donations for program student incentives.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people.
- Able to work within a team-based environment that exists in the Communications Department.
- Supervises Publications Assistant and Webmaster within the Communications Dept.
- Will work with Communication Director on department budgets.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented work environment that requires self-motivation, creative brainstorming, and an ability to work well with others. Work requires a combination of office and field work with scheduling that often extends before and after traditional work hours. On occasion, the position requires work beyond 40 hours in order to meet deadlines for projects or attend special events.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and/or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel objects and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Note: This list of essential and non-essential functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.