Social Worker ( 3 positions )
Position Type: Certified Position Student Support Services/Social Worker·
Location: To be Determined
Position Purpose • Under the general supervision of the Director of Counseling & Social Services, to provide students, parents, administrators, and other teaching staff with individually-tailored advice and consultation to overcome personal, emotional, familial, or social issues to maximize the students' learning experience.
• Conducts assessments, testing and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of identifying learning or social interaction issues, and recommending courses of action or corrective procedures to overcome issues and maximize learning
• Performs casework services with students and parents to encourage parental understanding of, and participation in, overcoming social issues to maximize the educational experience of the student.
• Assists students and teaching staff in implementing students' behavior management plans. • Coordinates with outside agencies, organizations and institutions, including state and federal authorities as needed.
• Coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with social work services
• Assists with the school district's dropout prevention efforts.
• Serves as ready resource to students and parents to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and behavioral management; serves as liaison between home and school.
• Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research, and by maintaining professional relationships.
• Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and providing student information to prospective colleges and employers, as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
• Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
• Assists in the orientation of new teachers, and provides in-service training in guidance.
• Selects and requisitions appropriate books, aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
• Assists in supporting schools with at-risk students and crisis interventions.
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
• Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
• Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
• Knowledge of Social Work principles, theories, testing, methods, etc. as well as proven behavior management methods.
• Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
• Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
• Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
• Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
• Ability to organize and coordinate work.
• Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
• Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
• Knowledge of crisis interventions and working with at-risk youth.
• Knowledge of Social Emotional Learning and Behavioral supports for students
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
• Works in standard office and school building environments.
• Utah State Certification as a Social Worker and/or DOPL licensed Social Worker
• Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
• Masters Degree in Social Work or Clinical Counseling
• Successful prior clinical experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Full time, 197 day, equal pay position
Certified Salary Schedule
Benefit eligible at a full-time certified rate
8 days sick leave and 4 days personal leave per fiscal year