Fleet Maintenance Coordinator
Job | Posted 9 days ago
|Manassas Park City Schools
100 Park Central Plaza, Suite 300
Manassas Park, Virginia 20111
POSITION: Fleet Maintenance Coordinator (12-month position)
SALARY: 23-24 Classified Scale (https://www.mpark.net/departments/human_resources).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Transportation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities, duties and responsibilities, physical conditions and nature of work, work environment): Oversee the operations of fleet maintenance and repair activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency desired,
- Possession of a valid Virginia driver’s license and Virginia Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and must be able to operate all school vehicles, including buses, trucks and heavy equipment,
- Ability to use technology both in the office and in the mechanical field,
- Ability to use (Microsoft word, Outlook, in house software for fuel reports, inventory, tracking etc.),
- Ability to respond to and resolve complaints and problems related to the maintenance of the fleet,
- Ability to review and track expenditures and assist in finding new ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness,
- Ability to coordinate repair schedules with affected parties, prepare agency required reports,
- Ability to preform in house repairs on vehicles to minimize out of service repairs.
- Ability to comprehend the importance of budget and be able to work within it under normal circumstances.
- Ability to assist in purchasing capital equipment,
- Ability to assist in diagnosing, and troubleshooting maintenance and repair problems,
- Must possess flexibility to handle requests for emergency and unscheduled work,
- Must possess the ability to communicate and develop positive working relationships with bus drivers, students, parents, the Director of Transportation, the Director of Maintenance Services and other staff members,
- Must be aware of laws and regulatory compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (include but are not limited to the following):
- Responds to and resolves fleet maintenance problems and issues from drivers, the Director of Transportation, the Director of Maintenance Services, administrators, vendors.
- Coordinates schedules with the Transportation Director and the Director of Maintenance Services to ensure that daily repairs, long range repairs, and other transportation concerns are taken care of in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoots problems and outsources work as needed to the appropriate vendor.
- Respond to after hour bus issues as necessary.
- Reviews receivable purchases from bids, state contracts, and vendors.
- Helps the Transportation Director and the Director of Maintenance Services to review and track expenditures, work orders and completed repair work and prepares updated reports for the Deputy Superintendent.
- Compiles information on fleet, productivity to assist in finding new ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Writes specifications and assists in purchasing capital equipment.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Establishes amicable working relationships with vendors and other trades, as applicable.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other staff and the public through the
use of the telephone and personal contact, as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment such as, but not limited to, a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions.
HOW TO APPLY: www.mpark.net
Manassas Park City Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, management and administration reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Manassas Park City Schools
One Park Center Court Suite A, Manassas Park, VA 20111
At the following locations
8202 Euclid Avenue , Manassas Park, VA 20111