Job | Posted 18 days ago
DEPARTMENT: Title I
REPORTS TO: Principal / Federal Programs Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: None
POSTED ON: April 12, 2023
SUMMARY: The Interventionist is responsible for supporting student achievement in the area of English Language Development ELD instruction for all EL Students, with special attention to reading. The Interventionist provides individual or small group instruction to students who are struggling academically in the areas of English Language Development and literacy. This position is also responsible for monitoring, reporting, and communicating student progress and performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide 60 minutes per day/300 minutes per week of pull-out targeted ELD (English Language Development) instruction for all EL students.
- Provides high quality instruction to individual students and small groups
- Uses data to provide instruction to students and to bring their skills to grade-level
- Collaborates with teachers, administration, and families to help identify best practices for individual and small groups of students
- AZELLA Testing Coordinator
- Uses identified research-based interventions focuses specifically on individual student needs
- Maintains data-based documentation of continuous monitoring of student performance and progress
- Provides data to school teams and participates in decisions about student progress
- Communicates with teachers, administration, and families regarding student progress
- Assists with identifying students for placement in intervention groups
- Participates in meetings with teachers, administration, and families to discuss student placement and progress
- Provides diagnostic assessments for students as needed
- Provides input for program development
- Supports implementation of assessment tools and data management system
- Assists in training staff in the reading program by modeling lessons, helping with scheduling the reading program, testing and placing students on their appropriate level and providing guidance to continuing teachers with the implementation of the program.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Communicates and comprehends verbally and in writing.
- Reads, analyzes and evaluates student performance data and course curriculum.
- Performs functions from electronic, oral and written instructions and from district policies.
- Ability to evaluate various written materials, including assignments and tests.
- Fluent knowledge of AZ State Standards
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Appropriate teaching certificate as issued by the State of Arizona
- SEI endorsement or an ESL/BLE endorsement required
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
- AZ IVP Finger Print Clearance
Technology Proficiency: Utilizes all appropriate, available and relevant technology to ensure duties are performed effectively.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to talk and hear, to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to sit, stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is required to work indoors. The noise level in the work environment is moderate but may become excessively noisy. Will have contact with students, employees and the public.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Altar Valley Elementary District
10105 S. Sasabe Rd , Tucson, AZ 85736
At the following locations
Robles Elementary School
9875 S. Sasabe , Tucson, AZ 85736