Job Title: School Psychologist
Credentials: State Certified School Psychologist.
Education: Master's Degree and graduate training in School Psychology and Psychometrics.
Training or experience required: 2-3 years of directly related experience
Site: Special Services
Reports to: Director of Special Services
Contract: 182 days
Salary Schedule: Certified Salary Schedule.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the identification and initial referral of disabled children. Perform psychoeducational assessment.
- Participate in comprehensive staffing. Coordinate the information flow from the department to other appropriate service providers.
- Discharge liaison services to receiving school districts or treatment facilities.
- Prepare comprehensive psycho-educational reports.
- Make recommendations for intervention and acts as an IEP team member. Attend categorical eligibility meetings, which involves presentation of evaluation results.
- Consult and instruct school personnel and parents in the therapeutic management of students.
- Consult with physicians, hospitals, and other medical personnel regarding the needs of disabled children.
- Maintain confidential records. Provide documentation of progress and prepare evaluations.
- Provide formal/informal in-service to administrators, parents and teachers.
- Travel to the various sites to provide services.
- Attend necessary workshops and continuing education to maintain certification.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Successful performance of the job requires good customer service/people skills and to handle problems and provide information and technical assistance as requested. It requires complying with safety guidelines and policies to reduce accident or injury to staff or to students. It requires following school dress standards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concerns for staff. Creativity, initiative and effective problem solving are critical to the success of the position.Help manage the computerization of school district operations. Provide training and support to district staff in the use of administrative computer systems. Perform such tasks to the ultimate benefit of the educational program. An incumbent in this position will utilize discretion, ingenuity and independent judgment due to the complexity of the job. Since there may be several ways to solve a problem, an incumbent is free to choose the solution.