Communication Specialist (CC: 6120) FTE 1.0
Job | Posted 20 days ago
TITLE: Communication SpecialistCLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides support to the superintendent with relations with the general public and with other community and public agencies. Develops and implements internal and external school community communications. Generates positive communications between the District and its internal and external publics in order to build morale, goodwill, understanding and support for the District.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience in public relations, behavioral sciences, management, policy studies or public administration preferred
- Proficient communication skills; Bilingual preferred
- Knowledge of web based technologies for communication
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Maintain the calendar and provide accurate and updated information on the district website.
- Plan, write, prepare and/or review press releases and articles to be used in Isaac School District publications.
- Research, interview, write, edit, proofread and distribute content for electronic and print communication.
- Capture photo images to use for publication and the district website.
- Maintain repository of press releases and articles.
- Support offline Isaac School District marketing and promotion initiatives by assisting in the design and preparation of all promotional and marketing literature.
- Participate in the set-up and preparation of all district sponsored events.
- Conduct periodic customer service surveys utilizing web-based tools.
- Prepares speeches, statements, printed materials and audio-visual presentations and assists in organizing meetings, programs and conferences as requested by the Superintendent. Act as a consultant to staff members in these areas.
- Develops and maintains a district-wide staff recognition program.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledge of technology, web design and software applications.
Knowledge of social media
Knowledge of principles and practices of office administration.
Knowledge of report preparation
Knowledge of customer service techniques.
Skill in interpersonal relations.
Skill in operating office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
Skill in maintaining confidential information.
Skill in composing memos, letters, reports and other documents.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with all stakeholders.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: None.
Isaac School District
3348 W. MCDOWELL RD , PHOENIX, AZ 85009
At the following locations
3348 West McDowell Road , Phoenix, AZ 85009