Information Technology Technician
~~Altar Valley School District #51
JOB TITLE: TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: Technology Director/Superintendent
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: None
SALARY RANGE: $15.00-$23.00 PER HOUR
SUMMARY: Provides technology support to school district.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Troubleshoots hardware/software problems as required
• Assist in technology asset and work order tracking/reporting
• Provides technology support for all district users
• Assists Technology Director with planning and implementing new technology
• Maintains required records and files as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Strong knowledge of technology tools
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to assist with installations/implementations of new technologies
• Ability to assist staff and students with basic technology problems/questions.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
• Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community members.
• Unwavering belief that all students can be successful
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Hold an associate’s degree or be able to meet the state’s standards for highly qualified
• 2 years of experience computer operations, network, or related experience
• AZ Driver’s License
• Valid AZ IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card or ability to obtain
• Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements
Computer Proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and with specialized computer-based equipment and software.
Technology Proficiency: Utilizes all appropriate, available and relevant technology to ensure duties are performed effectively.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. Walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending and operating a motor vehicle may be required as a normal part of the job. The employee may be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Indoors, and outdoor environment, in all types of weather. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate and may become excessively noisy at times. Will have contact with students, staff and the public.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.