Transition from School to Work (TSW) Teacher (23/24 SY)
Job | Posted 24 days ago
The TSW Teacher teaches students employment skills and schedules community experiences to support the development of adolescents into successful adults. The teacher provides instruction to students in order to contribute to establishing independence and successful progress toward their postsecondary goals.
( Essential functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and characteristics. This list is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by holders of this position.).
- Provides case management services for students with a disability including all requirements related to IEP development, provision, and compliance to state and federal regulations.
- Provides direct services to students with a disability per agreement on the IEP.
- Maintains all aspects and provisions of confidentiality related to FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
- Meets and instructs assigned classes per the schedule established for the site.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning appropriate to the maturity and skill level of the students.
- Plans and prepares lessons to provide students with opportunities to meet and/or exceed state standards.
- Sets and maintains standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques consistent with the needs and capabilities of the students.
- Guides the learning process, through the use of clearly established goals and objectives to meet student and district goals and objectives.
- Completes and maintains accurate records as required by federal, state, and district regulations/requirements.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students as required by policy and assists student growth through the delivery of meaningful feedback.
- Works with the general education staff to implement appropriate accommodations and modifications in the regular classroom to allow for student success.
- Attends all staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required including Special Education Transition program meetings.
- Collaborates with the Transition Specialist, VR Counselor, and students’ instructors.
- Takes all reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assists in activities associated with the recruitment and screening of potential TSW students.
- Collaborates with team on procedures necessary for determining student eligibility for TSW class and outside agency supports.
- Leads teams and students in initial transition planning.
- Orchestrates transition planning with students, other TSW staff, parents, school district personnel, related support services, and appropriate adult services.
- Develops the TSW lesson plans used for the service provision.
- Teaches the TSW curriculum or PAES Lab
- Maintains record keeping and activities that ensure proper documentation of TSW students.
- Incorporates use of educational technology with students.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required such as teaching or co-teaching other content sections.
- Will have an Individualized education plan (IEP) caseload, will hold the IEP meeting with IEP team, and will attend IEP meetings
- Will attending pre-service meetings/trainings , and in-service meetings/trainings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and city statutes, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Sunnyside Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of appropriate teaching strategies and methods.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public, and other entities having business with SUSD.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and utilizing a variety of software applications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is performed in an indoor environment. Work requires frequent sitting, standing, bending, repetitive motion, vision to monitor and lifting up to 15 pounds
Bachelor’s degree in job related area.
Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate in Special Education.
Certain endorsement may be required for certain positions
Salary Grade: Refer to Certified Salary Schedule FTE: 1.0 Days: 211 Start Date: 2023/2024 School Year
Sunnyside USD 12
2238 E. Ginter Road , Tucson, AZ 85706
At the following locations
Desert View High School
4101 East Valencia Road , Tucson, AZ 85706