23-24 Instructional Assistant Media Center
Job | Posted 16 days ago
|Manassas Park City Schools
100 Park Central Plaza, Suite 300
Manassas Park, Virginia 20111
POSITION: INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT, MEDIA CENTER
- Pay scale: IA -Grade G, Non-Exempt: https://www.mpark.net/departments/human_resources
- Position Length: 7.5 hours 186 days
- Hours: Full time unless otherwise specified
To assist students as directed by the library media specialist and help make the library a
challenging, safe and stimulating learning environment. The Instructional Assistant reports to the the school-based administrator.
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Associate's Degree or ParaPro Exam required within 30 days of start date
- Previous experience working with groups of children desired.
- Ability to work with various ability levels of student.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and directions in carrying out tasks and procedures related to instructional and behavioral plans.
- Ability to assist teacher with instructional activities and classroom management.
- Must possess interpersonal communication skills and the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working with parents, students and school personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: (including but not limited to the following)
- Complies with all school laws, State Board of Education regulations, and all policies and regulations made by the School Board and Superintendent.
- Performs all duties deemed necessary by the School Board and Superintendent for the efficient and successful operation of the school system.
- Utilizes a combination of technological, technical, instructional, and secretarial skills necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the library media center,
- Performs all functions necessary for the operation of the automated library system i.e., circulation process;
- Assists the media specialist in providing technical expertise
- Provides instructional resource support to staff and students
- Supervises the media center in the absence of the media center specialist
- Performs routine and critical secretarial and bookkeeping functions i.e., interface with vendors, maintains budget and inventory records, and general typing and word processing functions.
- Performs work independently under the supervision of the media center specialist
- Attends in-service and workshop meetings as assigned by the building principal/assistant principal.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the principal, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Must have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with other staff and the public through the
use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment such as, but not limited to, a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions will be required.
CLEARANCES (Conditions for employment):
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
- Tuberculosis Screening
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Manassas Park City Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, management and administration reserve the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position.
Manassas Park City Schools
One Park Center Court Suite A, Manassas Park, VA 20111
At the following locations
Manassas Park Elementary
9298 Cougar Court , Manassas Park, VA 20111