Grounds Crew/ Apprentice Maintenance
Under the direction of the Facility Supervisor, to provide daily maintenance to the outside of all buildings district wide, maintaining a safe and sanitary facility for students, employees and the public; minimizing property damage, loss and liability exposer; ensuring that assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Experience and knowledge running all lawn care equipment
· Knowledge on how to operate equipment safely to prevent injury to self or others that are in the area
· Knowledge of how sprinkler systems operate. This would include but not limited to timers, rotary sprinklers, impact sprinklers, drip systems.
· Knowledge on how to repair sprinklers properly.
· Knowledge on how to drive vehicles with trailers and equipment attached.
· Knowledge of how to remove snow with snow plows.
· Knowledge of how to fertilize and weed control safely and properly.
· General knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, construction.
· Assist with completing work orders as assigned.
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be 18 years or older to apply.
· Job related experience is desired.
· Specific skill-based competencies include: operating equipment used in industrial, use of tools properly and safely, problem solving
· Must be self-motivated.
· Physical demand include : occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/ or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stopping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and fine finger dexterity.
· Availability for on call work.
· Ability to work well with diverse group of individuals.
· Ability to work around children.
· Ability to work will with the public.
· Ability to lift 100 lbs.
· Ability to work in confined spaces or heights if required.
Support Professional Employees 12 Month Employee
Starting Salary: F2 $21.59 an hour.
Full Time-Benefit Eligible