23-24 Science - Biology Teacher
Job | Posted a month ago
|Manassas Park City Schools
100 Park Central Plaza, Suite 300
Manassas Park, Virginia 20111
- Pay scale: Teacher Salary Scale: https://www.mpark.net/departments/human_resources
- Position Length: 10 months/200 days
- Hours: Full time unless otherwise specified
The high school biology teacher facilitates student success in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of students'; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents, and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc. The teacher reports to the principal and assistant principal.
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Must hold a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Virginia Department of Education license with an endorsement in biology, or eligibility to obtain one.
- Experience in computer technology or willing to pursue appropriate technology training as required by position.
- Must demonstrate effective knowledge of and be sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with students, parents and school personnel.
- Complies with all school laws, State Board of Education regulations, and all policies and regulations made by the School Board and Superintendent.
- Performs all duties deemed necessary by the School Board and Superintendent for the efficient and successful operation of the school system.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional philosophy and congruent with course standards; provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroup of students.
- Implements an instructional program, which provides appropriate learning for each student by differentiating instruction.
- Maintains records as required by law, School Board policies and regulations and strives to be prompt and accurate with required records and reports.
- Works cooperatively with the all staff members and interacts in a positive manner with parents and other community representatives.
- Directs instructional assistants, student teachers, assistant teachers, and/or student volunteers to provide an effective classroom program and address the needs of individual students.
- Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of achievement and classroom behavior.
- Demonstrates effective knowledge and use of curriculum content associated with the instructional assignment.
- Demonstrates preparation for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation upon request of the immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of materials and resources in accordance with the adopted curriculum.
- Administers developmental testing program and subject specific assessments to assess student competency levels and/or to develop individual learning plans.
- Coordinates instructional activities and collaborates with other professional staff, both school based and non-school based, as required, to maximize learning opportunities.
- Demonstrates effective classroom management skills/delivery of instruction.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and other goals.
- Advises parents/guardians of student progress to communicate expectations and student achievement.
- Creates partnerships with parents/guardians to develop methods for improvement and/or reinforcement of classroom goals
- Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g., classroom, playground, field trips) to ensure a safe and positive learning environment.
- Maintains an effective system of monitoring student progress and informs appropriate persons when concerns arise.
- Demonstrates professional growth and attends all meetings called or approved by the Superintendent and/or Principal.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the principal, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Must have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with other staff and the public through the
use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment such as, but not limited to, a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions will be required.
CLEARANCES (Conditions for employment):
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
- Tuberculosis Screening
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Manassas Park City Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. This job description is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements. However, management and administration reserve the right to modify, add, or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. It is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position.
Manassas Park City Schools
One Park Center Court Suite A, Manassas Park, VA 20111
At the following locations
Manassas Park High
8200 Euclid Avenue , Manassas Park, VA 20111