6 Grade - French DLI
Job | Posted a month ago
Position starting: Aug. 11, 2023
One year contract
Hiring Manager: Misty Rocha
- Elementary 1-8
- Elementary K-6
- Must be able to teach Dual Language Immersion
- Fluent in the French language
Elementary Classroom Teacher
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Develops and administers school elementary curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the c school system.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other elementary professional staff members, especially within grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including activities involving school transportation.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with District testing programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Alpine School District
575 N. 100 E , American Fork, UT 84003